Saturday, September 26, 2009

Need to Pull it Together

The Rocks need to pull it together. Even with Cookie back last night, they barely pulled it off, and the wild card isn't going to win it's self. I was listening to Rockies Radio network and heard a baseball annalist describe the way they are playing these days as defensive. I found myself asking what happened to the aggressive, put up a number, Rockies that played in August. Even if they are playing one of the best teams in the NL, the Cardinals record is almost the same as Colorado's. I'm not saying that they should be blowing out everybody who steps on the diamond with them, but losing all these games is not helping in the wild card chase. As my coach would say, they need to want the ball, they need to want to make a play, want to hit it to the fence. Right now it looks like every one of them is sanding out there thinking “Please don’t hit it to me, please don’t hit it to me.” If they’re thinking like that of course they aren’t going to make plays. It seems like all they want to do right now is go home so it can be over with. That kind of attitude is a refund on their investment in October. I just hope that Mr. Tracey can pull off another miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment