Monday, October 5, 2009

Golden Sombrero


On Thursday, against the Brewers, Brad Hawp scored a "golden sombrero." I researched this and found out that a golden sombrero is coined from a hat trick in hockey, but because it takes four strike outs to achieve this prestigious award, it had to be a bigger hat. Thus it is a sombrero. Although it confused me because a at trick is good, and 4 strike outs is pretty bad. I also discovered that 5 strike outs is a platinum sombrero, 6 strike outs is a titanium sombrero, and no one has ever struck out 7 times in one game. But there was one AAA game that lasted 33 innings, and a man struck out 8 times, such a tremendous feet that there is no name for it. So now I look for people who achieve a golden sombrero. I was very pleased when in the first game in the last series with the Dodgers, not just one man, but two, including Manny. I was so happy, but the Rocks couldn’t pull off the division. At least we are in the playoffs, and we learned what a golden sombrero is.

No comments:

Post a Comment