Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Missing My Chance

I am quite frustrated, because my dad has an opportunity to get free tickets to the Phillies game on Saturday. But it is suppose to be raining and extremely cold. So of course my mother doesn't want to go. But still, turning down these tickets, which happen to be row 8 behind the away dugout, would be wrong. One, the theory that we would get another set of tickets that are this good, later in the post season, is full of holes, because we don't know how long the Rocks will stay in the playoffs, and we don't know if we can get tickets. Two, my dad has already turned down tickets directly behind home plate, for the Dodger series back in September, because it was "back to school night." Three, just because it is cold, doesn't mean that we shouldn't go. It is a MLB playoff game, there will still be plenty of people there, and how many chances are we going to have to see a game like this. It would be good for me to see, firsthand how the majors play in a pressure situation so that I could try to imitate that in my games. As I conclude, I will recap, I have a chance to go to the Phillies game on Saturday, and there is a possibility I won't get to go because it will be cold. I do not care about the weather, I will wear four shirts if I have to, but I want to go to that game!

No comments:

Post a Comment